Dimensions: Wingspan:11.00m, Length: 7.20m, Height: 2.60m
Max Weight: 1,002 kg
Max Speed: 196 km/h
Crew: 1 pilot, 1 observer or 2 passengers
In service: 1948-1958
The museum’s Auster was purchased by the RCAF in 1948 but spent most of its air force life in storage. When it was sold to a private company in 1957, it had accumulated only 22 flight hours. It is currently painted in RCAF silver training colour scheme, however, the civilian registration number as used by the previous owner has been maintained on the tail.
The Auster aircraft has been at the National Air Force Museum since 1991 and was donated
by Dr. P Kelley.